Infopath Client Event - Error on submit of form

• 3 April 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

I have a process that has an Infopath client event that collects information from the user. There is a drop down list box on the form that allows them to choose from 3 options.

When I try to submit the form, I get the following error
"An error occurred whil the form was being submitted" with an OK button and that is all

the Sharepoint logs show me the following:
0x1120 Forms Server                   Forms Services Runtime - Data C 82g0 Warning  Form submission failed. (User: DOMAINUSERNAME, Form Name: ProdSpecSignoffForms, Type: DataAdapterException, Exception Message: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.  System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: The worklist item cannot be completed due to the following reason: Action  not found     at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Functions.InfoPathFunctions.HandleException(Exception ex)     at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Functions.InfoPathFunctions.SubmitInfoPathData(Object infoPathFormXml)     at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.InfoPathService.SubmitInfoPathData(Object infoPathFormXml)     --- End of inner exception stack trace --- The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.) 

Can anyone give me some guidance on what I am doing wrong here?

If I have a look at my worklist, and action the item from there, without opening the form, it works fine, so it is definitely something to do with the form?

The user I am starting the process with has admin rights.

thanks in advance for any assistance.

4 replies

Badge +8

Yes, this problem might occurs quite often, even if you're used to K2 / Infopath development :-)

It's simply due to the fact that you don't give a valid value to the ActionName field (in the _K2 group of your Infopath form).

If you don't let the K2 wizard add an action field automatically when creating the client event, you have to set this field value in your form.

For example, you could add a rule on your submit button to set the ActionName value just before you call the Main Submit data connection.

Oh and you already did that, please check the value you. I had developers who were sure everything was right but when I asked them to double-check, they spotted a typo.

Badge +9
Hi Nicolas - thanks very much for getting back to me - I will have to have a look at this and try to work it out again - I thought that K2 had done this automatically for me, however obviously something has gone wrong.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply!!
Badge +4

Hi, I had the similar issue and resolved it by refreshing the form in K2 process infopath event (after any change in the form) and deployed K2 process along with InfoPath form again.

Thanks

NathanPillai

Badge

Please add the user in K2 Workspace > Management > Process