How to pass url with SerialNumber in mail

• 3 February 2006
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi. I am trying to build my first process. I am using aspx smart forms.
The user post a notification mail through aspx form.
In the activity, I've added a server mail event item and in the body I've added the url of an aspx smart form.

When the user receive the email and click on the url, a blank page open with the message "Worklist item not found".

After displaying the worklist item in K2workspace, I realised that I didn't sent the right serialNumber with the url.

Anyone has been met this problem, pls. show me the way to solve my problem!
thx.

3 replies

Badge +8
When setting the properties of the client event (on the same window where you set the URL for the client event), check the SMTP Notification Message checkbox. Then click the ... button on the same line on the right-hand side to set the properties and content of the message. (I have attached a screenshot for clarity)

Note that K2.net will automatically add the URL to the client event to the end of the message and will add the correct serialnumber to the querystring on the URL. (To see this, you will need to 'Generate Code' and then 'Edit Code' - have a look at the SMTPFunction function - this is the part that sets up the SMTP message.)

The reason your method did not work is that the serialnumber contains the eventID as well - since the Server Mail event is a seperate event to the client event, the serial number will be different for the events, and hence the "Worklist item not found" message.

Hope this helps,
Neil

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/neiljohn/SMTPNotification.jpg
Badge +1
Hi

Use the K2.net Data Browser (click the ellipse button ...) next to the message body interface and scroll to the bottom you'll find a Web Page URL data field use this this will add [Web Page URL] in your mail to link to the web page.

Lori
Badge +3
^ in relation to that, how can i make the [Web Page URL] display a certain text say, Approver Page, instead of the whole URL? i want to be able to "mask" the URL page (if that's possible). it's like in an html link, when you set a certain text and upon clicking that text will still go to the [Web Page URL]? is there a way to do this?