nintex form track changes

Badge +7

All,

I was wondering if Nintex forms has track changes like word? If not, could that feature be added to the Nintex forms? It would be really useful.

11 replies

Badge +8

Hello D M​ – One way you can accomplish this would be to go into List Settings for the list associated with your form and set the "Create a version each time you edit an item in this list?" setting to true.

Once you've done this, you can use SharePoint's OOTB versioning to view the history of form submissions.

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 1.13.14 PM.png

Badge +7

Hi Patrick,

Thank you very much for your response. We are currently doing this but the end users want an easy way to track changes by simply opening the form. I think that would be very useful and if its not a current feature one that should be developed.

Badge +11

You can use this site to give product feedback and/or request a feature: https://nintex.uservoice.com/

Customer Feedback for Nintex

Regards

Philipp

Badge +7

thank you! I did add a request: Track Changes in Nintex Forms – Customer Feedback for Nintex

Please vote for it!!!

Badge +11

If you only need approval for changes of an list item, there are other ways to achieve this. I can understand that your customer/user wants that word-like functionality but it's just not possible with nintex forms right now and even if nintex decides to provide this feature (which I doubt) it would take some time to get it done. So I recommend looking for an alternative.

Badge +7

We want to be able to easily see the changes with the text added and or removed in the form. Then it is approved.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Yeah its not currently an out of the box feature, so built in Versioning on the list  is the closest you'd have to that --- short of coming up with your own mechanism within a workflow (saving previous values and displaying on form) which you could do.

Badge +7

Hi Mike, can you explain a little further on how we can achieve that?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hey there,

Recreating this functionality is a bit tedious but you could pull it off with some effort.  Essentially you would need a current and previous field for each field in your list.   So if you needed to collect a Name for example, you'd want two fields,   CurrentName, PreviousName.    In your workflow, you could then save this data accordingly.  All your "current" fields could be connected to their current fields via the form.   All "previous" fields would be set via the workflow based on some logic.   Then you could display as needed on the form, using rules to show whatever you need.

Thanks

Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi DM, did you have any success with this?   

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +7

Hi Frank I have not tried yet. As soon as I do I will provide more info. Thank you for your help happy.png