K2 6.1 Core VM Update Issue when updating to 4.6.10

• 15 April 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I downlaoded the VM for some demo work from the K2 Partner Portal.  Unfortunately it comes with 4.6.7 and i need to use it with 4.6.10.  So I ran the installer and everything seems to be running fine, besides the designer, I am unable to access the Desinger at all.  I can access the WorkSpace and also the WCF and SmartServices just not designer so far. 

Below is what the enviroment has.

SQL 2012

SharePoint 2013

Server 2012 with AD and DNS

K2 BlackPearl 4.6.10

I keep getting the following error when I try to access the K2 Designer:

Server Error

Could not load type 'SourceCode.Security.Windows.WindowsTokenClient' from assembly 'SourceCode.Security.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d'.

More Details
Exception Details:at SourceCode.Security.Claims.Web.Shared.ConnectionClass.HandleIdentityImpersonation(Boolean asAppPool, Action action)
at SourceCode.Security.Claims.Web.Shared.ConnectionClass.TryCredentialToken(BaseAPIConnection connection, String credentialToken, Boolean asAppPool)
at SourceCode.Security.Claims.Web.Shared.ConnectionClass.GetPoolConnection(String credentialToken, Boolean asAppPool, Boolean& tokenApplied)
at SourceCode.Security.Claims.Web.Shared.ConnectionClass.Connect(BaseAPI baseAPI, Boolean asAppPool, Boolean validateLicense)
at SourceCode.Security.Claims.Web._trust.login.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any advise on how to fix this error would be greatly appreicated. 

UPDATE:  The error was that I was installing only the combined installed for k2 Black Pearl and not the SmartForms and Control Pack Update.  Once I did that everything went through smoothly and functioned as it should. 

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Did you also upgrade K2 smartforms? I have seen this issue with a client that only upgraded the K2 blackpearl server without upgrading K2 SF and the control pack. what installer did you use? combined installer or the separate installer?

Badge +2

I used the combined installer that I downloaded from the following link: http://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/archive/default.aspx

I used the following installer from the page:

K2 blackpearl 4.6 (4.12060.1.0) Full Installers with Updates
This page contains details on Full Installers with Updates and individual Updates to K2 blackpearl 4.6 (4.12060.1.0). Please read the associated Knowledge Base article for each update to determine if the update is necessary in your environment. All updates will be included in the next service release.

I was under the impression that the SF is also a part of this install. I checked the site and I only see the K2 SmartForms verision 4.6.11 not 4.6.10.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Can you grab me a screenshot of the version from the control panel (add or remove programs)?

Badge +2

Below is the screenshot request I really appreicate you helping out:

15321iCFB0710AEDF791F4.png
Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Please not below the version of K2 blackpearl components and the SF components (K2 BP 4.6.10 and K2 SF 4.6.9)

11810iA81F6F69DC01B878.png

Badge +2

This worked out smoothly thank you very much! I greatly appreicate your effort and time.  Thank You