Not applicable

Nintex Form with Table for User Input

Jump to solution

I am trying to create a form that will contain a table of items. The users can order up to 5 of each item if they wish. I'm thinking I can put the items in a separate list and fill in the form using that list. I would like an input field at the end of each item though. Can anyone explain how I can get the input value saved or is there is a better way of going about this? I have tried using an HTML table but the input values do not get saved when saving the form to SharePoint. Also the form will be parsed by a Java program after the form is saved and parsed for information (hopefully). Is it possible to name each input differently? Thank you.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
mapeacock
Rookie

Re: Nintex Form with Table for User Input

Jump to solution

Hi,

I had a similar issue and resolved it by putting repeating sections into my form. The section had a list lookup, where the user could select the desired item from a dropdown. Once selected, price and detail were displayed. The user can then enter the quantity of the selection and then add a new item to the repeating section for the next ordered item. Order totals are also displayed on the form.

All required output from the individual rows in the repeating sections were concatenated into a multi-line variable with a delimiter of choice for both the value separator and the row seperator. This allowed me to process the output variable via collection controls in my workflow to do what was required. I'm not sure if you are using Nintex workflow, as you have not stated that.

It works pretty well, and I was not able to come up with an alternative that would allow a list to be pulled in with the relevant selection ability or quantity entry.

Regards,

Mark

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Below is what I am hoping it would look like. I don't want the users to be able to create their own rows as with a Repeating Section.

form.PNG 

mapeacock
Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry Bryan,

This is beyond my skill set! If I was able to do this, I probably would have implemented it as part of my solution outlined above.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
cju
Scout

Jump to solution

In the settings of a repeating section, in Appearance section, you can set "Prevent add/delete in new/edit mode" to Yes so that users cannot add or delete rows in your repeating section.

What type of Nintex Forms is it ? A start form, task form, list form ?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you Caroline. This is a list form. Does the type of form matter as far as what I am trying to do?

0 Kudos
cju
Scout

Jump to solution

If it was a task form, in the Nintex workflow where you generate the task, you could build XML before creating the task and in the task form, you could connect the generated XML to a repeating section and you could have exactly what you'd like.

0 Kudos
hema2930
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi,

were you able to achieve this?

I am having the same requirement. Please let me know if you have found solution

0 Kudos