Infopath Form is deleted after Process has been finished

• 26 November 2007
  • 5 replies

Badge +8

I have designed a blackpearl Process based on a Infopath Form (web-based). When the Process is finished the Infopath iform s deleted from the Form Library. Is there a way to save the form in a last step of the process to a from library.

thx
Jochen

5 replies

Badge +4

Try using the Upload Event to upload a copy of the infopath data to a forms library.  Use this event at some point in your process prior to completion.   Be sure to run in Advanced Mode and upload from a K2 Field.   Select the Process level XML Datafield that represents your Infopath Form data.

Doing this should create a copy/archive of the infopath form data within the destination library.

Badge +3
Ok, where is this k2 XML data field that holds the infopath form to upload from?  In 2003 you would choose "k2infopathschema" as the document source but I don't see the equivalent in the object browser. 
Badge +6

You should have a structure similar to this when you view the Process/Activity Data in the K2 Browser

XML Fields

• ProcessName

• FormName <-- this is the field you want to use to upload.

You also need to specify the file extension when you set the upload name.  Use ".xml" if you want to be able to view the template as an InfoPath Form.

Badge +3
That did it, thanks for the help!
Badge

Jason,

I am also having the same issue.
First, am I to use the Sharepoint Document Wizard then select Upload or Copy?

If so, when I try the copy it tells me that whitespace is not allowed?
When I use the upload, it tells me that the folder name is to long?

If not, I can not find the Upload Event.

I'm sure I am doing something wrong, but this is my first attempt using K2.

Thank you for your help
Dwayne Locke