New Nintex Forms Upgrade Issue

Badge +6

Hi Guys

I hope some of you have seen this before. We recently upgraded our Nintex forms to the latest and now we have run into an issue where our hide and show scripts are not working so well. Before the upgrade this was working wonders but after the upgrade controls are appearing on top of controls and its looking clumsy.

Has anyone seen this before?

Our version of Nintex forms is 2.9.1.20.

This happens when you have logic that show one control and hiding another one in the same place. Below are two forms one initial and one when it supposed to show new controls on top of the other.

Capture.JPG

After clicking the first No then my form looks like this:

Capture1.JPG

What's suppose to happen is Traveller name to remain where it is and the text box next to it to be replaced by a hidden textbox which only becomes visible when you click No. So it looks like the whole line get moved up because even International trip does not changed but you see it has moved up in the 2nd screen.

You help will be appreciated.

Regards

Bhuti Mbele

Vadim TabakmanDavison Matanga

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you maintain visibility by formatting rules or directly by javascript?

do you maintain visibility directly on controls or do you have placed controls in panel and maintain panel's visibility?

Badge +6

Hi Marian

These specific failing rules are placed on controls but there are rules in JavaScript as well. Do you think we should move all rules to JavaScript?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

no, as far as you can achieve your target I would recomend to use rules.

good practice is to apply rules on panels and not directly on controls, otherwise there are seen rendering issues just like yours.

as well make sure your controls/panels do not overlap in designer, that's as well common  reason of not proper rendering.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

After many failures, I have learned to do this with every form.

It keeps the rules a bit cleaner as well because you know that the rules applies to everything in the panel. This is especially helpful for hiding/showing sections.