I have a problem that was not there before installing the latest updates as I remember.
I have a form with a List Lookup control that works fine until the selected lookup value gets deleted from the lookup list. The old behavior was displaying the text stored with the value (ID;#TEXT), SharePoint behavior is displaying nothing which is fine, but now the form is redirecting to the error page with "System.ArgumentException: Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user."
Any idea how to solve this issue?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Is this a Display version of an item form or a task form that is trying to pull data from the list form? I want to reproduce this, but need to know a little more about the issue.
It is a normal form with a lookup field. To reproduce, lets say I have two lists:
1. DataList (Title Column, LookupList Column)
2. LookupList (Title Column)
Create a custom list form using Nintex Forms for the DataList.
Values in LookupList:
Values In DataList:
- John, Roswell
- Smith, Alpharetta
- Thomas, Mariatta
Now, delete Roswell and try to open the Johns list item. You will receive the error.
Delete the custom form and open the item again, the SP form will open normally.
Thanks in advance.
Thank you for the replication steps. I was able to reproduce this error in my environment and it seems that although we are unable to pull content it does not fail gracefully. Even though I'm going to bring this to the attention of Nintex Support, it's going to have more value coming from a customer. Can you please open a Support ticket so we have a case assigned to this issue?
But as a work around until we get it fixed, I changed the lookup value to null:
$item["ColumnName"] = $null;
And trying to do the same with the workflow but can't find any yet: Re: Nintex Workflow - Set a lookup column to null
I'm experiencing the same issue and also haven't been able to figure out a workaround yet. I tried to set up a workflow that runs after the list record is created which copies the text value of the lookup field to another field (text only), and then clears out the lookup field. The copy works, however, I can't get any workflow command to actually clear out the lookup field. My thought was to just allow the lookup list on Add in the form, and only show the text field on View/Edit.
I've talked to support and the November release will fix the issue where: if a value referenced by a List Lookup control was deleted, will render the form unusable, will be fixed.