SharePoint Group for Assign a Task?

• 9 November 2015
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

My client would like to manage the "assignees/approvers" for an Assign a Task workflow action within a SharePoint group, so they can quickly update the approver on the fly without coming into the workflow to modify the Assign a Task workflow action directly (re-publsh, etc). 

When I use the SharePoint group for the "Assign a Task" workflow action, it assigns the task to that group, but no email notification goes for the task.  Does anyone have any recommendations for how approvers can be managed at a group level?

I've managed approvers through a list for the on-premise version of Nintex, but not O365.  I do not have to assign to multiple users, so I have not explored the "Assign a Task Process," and I need a way to capture the task ID and that is not supported with this workflow action.

8 replies

Badge +5

I experienced the same issue.  Since my group doesn't not change very often I didn't spend much time to figure it out.  

Good luck

Badge +3

I recently had a similar issue with Request Data Task. I was pulling my group from a list and the field was getting extra stuff at the front like 1;#GroupName.  Flexi task appears to handle this just fine while any of the other tasks just sit there.  Had to build a quick split using the regular expression to get just the group name.

You can go into the workflow history on the active item and see what the task has assigned to it.  Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello ‌ did ‌ answer help you resolve your issue?  

Badge +2

It was helpful and I am no longer having this issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Just want to mention that I had this same issue, and using Reg Ex to get rid of the leading "54;#" bit of" 54;# SharePoint Group " worked. Here is the Reg Ex I used:

^.*#

Putting this here so all the solution bits are in one spot! 

And here's an example in regexr: 

RegExr: Learn, Build, & Test RegEx 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Rhia Wieclawek‌, just to let you know, your regex pattern is too "generous"

it looks for nothing or  anything between star tof line (^) and last hash mark (#)

so all the following fits to y our patten

not sure about the situation in 2015, but currently there is available a parseLookup() function that picks either ID or value out of lookup value.

if  you still need to use regex, something like this is much better happy.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

ahhhh thanks ‌ -- i'm trying to learn RegEx, this is very helpful. 

In the situation where you will only ever have the one hashtag I suppose mine works, but for all else I will use your method happy.png 

Can you explain the meaning in "d+"?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it stands for 1 or more digits

use following regex tester it clearly explains what it actually does Online regex tester and debugger: PHP, PCRE, Python, Golang and JavaScript