Best way to work with a Full trust infopath form in K2 studio ?

Badge +3

What is the best way to be able to access a full trust infopath form in K2 Studio? I have a form that gets some data from a webservice so I HAVE to set the form to "Full trust". This means that these have to be approved in sharepoint before you can use them.

When I publish a form that is not full trust to sharepoint I can see the form in the Process Helper from the sharepoint server easily, however when you do this with a full trust form you can't publish to a document library directly. 

Is there a trick to do this easily so my full trust form is also available in the process helper from my sharepoint server?

What I do now is publish the full trust form, upload it via central administration and activate it to my site collection. Then I make a new form library where I add the form as a content type to the library. Then I can select form through Process -> Infopath forms in K2 Studio. However when I drag the first view I want to use to my Start event, it doesn't seem to link correctly. I feel like I'm overcomplicating this, is there no easy way?

Thanks

6 replies

Badge +4

it would be easier to convert your data connection (you can do this in InfoPath) and store it in a data connection library. So you wouldn't have to upload and publish it via central administration.

By doing so you're able to publish the form template in common manner.

greetz

Badge +3
Thanks, this does help me in this case. But what if you really really have to use a full trust form?
Badge +8

Check out the following link (it talks about blackpearl but the same concepts apply in blackpoint):

http://k2underground.com/blogs/howtok2/archive/2009/06/29/using-code-behind-with-infopath-forms-sharepoint-and-k2.aspx

-Eric

Badge +8

Hi Eric,
This is quite a good post.
When I start the process the IP form is opened in browser and it can be submitted successfully. But when a task is assigned to user and the user tries to open the task, then the form will be opened in InfoPath.
How can the task be opened in browser in this situation?
Thanks.

Badge +9

I'd recommend reviewing this post:

InfoPath Tip: My form won't open in Form Services!
http://k2underground.com/blogs/fromthebench/archive/2008/11/13/infopath-tip-my-form-won-t-open-in-form-services.aspx

This was written for K2 blackpearl, but most, if not all of the points should be applicable to blackpoint as well.

Badge +8

Thanks for this post!
But in my situation the form is opened in browser when I start the process. But when the user wants to open a task from k2 worklist the form will be opened in InfoPath client. So I think the InfoPath form is valid and the sharepoint settings are ok.
I have tried to do it as it is shown in the post from Eric "How to K2 - Using code behind..". It is working well. I only have troubles with the task which are assigned for users. If the user tries to open the task InfoPath client is opened. But InfoPath client couldn't load the temporary task form because it is looking for it on c:documents settings[user].. emporaray internet files (or something like this, I can't remember exactly).
Strange?! any Ideas?
Thanks!