There is no connection string for the destination email address

• 17 May 2013
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

After the blackpearl update .1550 I'm getting this error message " There is no connection string for the destination email address ......" when trying to use en E-mail event.

Could you please advise.

7 replies

Badge +8

This typically means that the connection string for your SMTP configuration has been changed during the upgrade and are no longer correct. Use the Connection String editor to validate and change the connection strings:

http://www.k2underground.com/groups/k2_connection_string_editor/media/default.aspx

I believe from 4.6.5 onwards, this ships as part of the install and updating this will also update the database settings (if you have permissions), so future upgrades will not reset these.

Badge +4

Thank you DC, I used the latest version of the tool and I could update my connection string.

Apparently the update modified the  TLS (in my case).

Badge +8

Is there a way to fix running processes that have already grabbed the wrong string?

-Doug

Badge +4

Doug,

Use the same tool, it is basically going to udpate it on runtime.

It should work :)

Karina

Badge +8

I used the tool. Made the change (2x for mail server)

Then I restarted the K2 service

There are three processes in error. So I "retry"ed them. The error still comes up.

"There is no connection string for the destination email address xxxx."

Badge +4

mmm ... in my case what I have to updated was the TLS mode to None, have you try that?

Select the SmtpConnection on the left panel, and the in the right panel you will see under Connection the TLS property.

I've changed the same in all my k2 env and it worked. Let me know.

Badge +8

That did it.. No TLS...   Didn't restart the K2 service this time either.

Thanks