Error in Central admin on Upgrade - NintexWorkflow 2013

• 30 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I am having the same issue as in this thread  

https://community.nintex.com/message/9326?commentID=9326#comment-9326

This is in a three-server development farm.  I'm testing before upgrading production.  In addition to the database server, the farm is a Central Admin server that is not running Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Workflow Timer Service, and a web front-end that is running the Workflow Timer Service.  I am running the installation on the Central Admin server.  

• Current Nintex Version 3.0.7.0
  • SP Version 15.0.4849.1000  Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL 2012.

Running NintexWorkflow2016.exe, the installation completes without errors.  However, in Central Admin, the Nintex Workflow Management section looks like this:

196138_pastedImage_1.png

If you click on the top link, you get

"Something went wrong" The file '/_admin/NintexWorkflow/Management.aspx' does not exist. 

So I followed the steps in the post above ( a "Correct Answer"), retracted all the Solutions using PowerShell.  All solutions now show as "Not Deployed/None" on the Solution Management screen.  

When I tried activating the core solution on CA, i got this:

Install-SPSolution : This solution contains no resources scoped for a Web application and cannot be deployed to a particular Web application.

So I tried deploying to all web apps

Install-SPSolution -Identity 'nintexworkflow2013core.wsp' -AllWebApplications -GACDeployment -Force -Verbose

and got the same error.  

Please advise.  Thanks.

Chuck

4 replies

Badge +11

Hi Chuck,

have you tried to just leave out the webapplications parameter in your install-spsolution cmdlet?

Badge +3

Thanks so much, Philipp.  Your suggestion worked and now after IISReset on both boxes the 3 solutions - core, livecore, and backwardscompatibility (we have the Std version) - show as Globally Deployed.  However, the Nintex Management section is still showing as links and I get the "Something went wrong" The file '/_admin/NintexWorkflow/Management.aspx' does not exist" page.     I cleared the browser cache on the server, also tried it from my desktop, same result.  I have run the installer more than once to get to this point, although now the solutions are successfully deployed.  Thoughts about next steps?  Thanks.

Badge +11

Deployment obviously didnt work correctly. As shown on the screenshot neither the icon nor the resource files nor the aspx pages have been deployed.

I would double check the installation guide to see if anything was forgotten during installation, check ULS logs for any errors related to this issue and try to remove everything nintex related completely form the environment (all solutions, assemblies, databases etc.) and then try a re-install.

If that still doesn't help I would Ask Support

Badge +3

Thanks again.  The Product Update Process is pretty straightforward.  That's a good idea to check the ULS logs.  I am going to rerun with logging set to VerboseEx and hope something turns up.  As far as removing "everything Nintex", I get the idea but that's not going to be an option in production.  Thanks and have a great Holiday season. 

Chuck