Problem with escalation to destination user [blackpoint]

• 9 December 2009
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

I have the same problem as described in a BlackPearl article here, however I don't understand the possible solutions here - not sure the described planning options are even available in BlackPoint.

Questions:

• How do I send a reminder email to the destination user if the task is 3 days old?
  • How do I resovle the issue: "Can not use Destination users if Activity is SingleInstance for DefaultEscalation Escalation Action". 

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

For the first question you can use the Activity Email escalation to send reminders.

Can you please provide detail on how you setup the escalation? What entries did you use for the destinations/email properties? Are you Using ActivityInstanceID in the escalation?

Vernon

Badge +4

I think I'm already trying to use "the Activity Email escalation": with the Rule Template "Escalate After" and Action Template "Email" and I get the specified error.

I don't want to do anything special - I just want to select "Destination User" but it's greyed-out: why?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Have a look at your destination rule...i have notices if you use Plan just once the destination user is greyed out, but if you use plan per destination the option is not greyed any more.

vernon

Badge +4

Sorry Vernon, I'm afraid not, in BlackPoint if I specify "Limit the number of slots to: [1]" instead of "Create a slot for each destination" the Destination User checkbox is still greyed-out.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Are you using activity or event escalations? What version of Blackpoint are you running? Or what is the latest update installed? Also are 100% sure that the destination rule is planned per destination and NOT Plan just once?

vernon

Badge +5

In order for the Destination User in blackpoint to not be grayed out, you have to select an option from Plan per destination like Vernon said. So, either select All at once or  One at a time and then the option will no longer be grayed out.

Steve