Quiz through Nintex Workflow

Badge +1

Hi All,

I am trying to create an workflow to organize a quiz in my department. Now there are 2 sharepoint lists, one with the answer key and another with only the questions where the user goes and submits the answer choices. Now the output I am trying to get is the workflow should check how many questions have been answered correctly and calculate percentage score and send the Questions and right answers back to the user for the questions he have answered wrongly. I cannot seem to find a Compare field option in the available fields. Can someone please help me with a straw man of the workflow. Thanks in advance for your help.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi Sayan,

If you're working with lookup lists, be aware that these values are returned as <item ID>;#<display value>. Here you can use fn-parselookup() to extract the display value; some text function have issues with commas in the text and for that reason it would be recommended to put the text inside {TextStart} and {TextEnd} tags (e.g. fn-trim({TextStart}{ItemProperty:MyField}{TextEnd}).

If this is not quite the answer you expected, maybe you can provide an example of a comparison you want to do.

Badge +6

Have you seen MS Forms, they make it very easy to do this without requiring a workflow, see Microsoft Forms 

Badge +1

Hi Jean,

Thanks for taking your time to reply. So I have two list forms in sharepoint created. One List as Answer Key where all the right answers are stored and another where only questions with choices where user need to submit their answer.

Let's take an example

in the Answer key list there is a question where does the sun rise and answer as east

in the User input form the same question with 4 options

when the user selects his answer the workflow checks with the answer key whether the user's answer matches with the answer key. Calculates his score and shoots a mail to the user with his score and if the question was answered wrongly then sends him the right answer for the questions. I have about 10 questions like this.

Regards

SD

Badge +1

Hi Dean,

tough luck that my organization does not use the same. sad.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there - 

You could also do this within the form itself -- have choices for each item, and then a rule that says "if not equal to nullorempty AND not equal to East, then disable and mark wrong (highlight in red or something)" or even unhide an explanation of the right answer. Disabling it means they wouldnt be able to just go back and change their answer, but, they would be able to close and submit a new form with all the right answers...

You could have another calc field to say "if they chose correctly, put a 1, if they chose incorrect, put a 0" or whatever -- to help you achieve a score at the end. 

Or do you 100% want to use a workflow?

Badge +4

Rhia Wieclawek‌ - your idea is exactly what I needed for a request that came in today. Thank you!