Has Anyone Had Issues Sending Back-to-Back Email notifications?

• 13 November 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +7

I'm sending a notification right after a flexi-task decision, but the workflow is getting hung.

I had a similar issue with multiple emails back to back as well.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Josh,

What version and build of Nintex Workflow are you using? Have you tried placing a "Pause For" action before the email notification action?

Badge +7

Thank you for your response.

I have tried this. It's really strange. I am now getting an unauthorized message when the workflow errors out, but I have full control, and not to mention I just completed 2 tasks previous to this. You can see from the screen shot that the tasks were completed, including the one that if fails on, but it does not record my comments, and then says I do not have authorization. However, it does not say "Joshua Henderson" it lists my fully qualified name like it show when you use SP-User in PowerShell. 

210592_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

What build number of Nintex Workflow do you currently have? You can find the build number by opening the workflow designer and clicking on the Help > About Nintex Workflow link.

Also, check the Flexi Task settings to see what the "Item Permissions" setting is for the action in the workflow that is not behaving. Go to the Flex Task action configuration and check the settings for "Item Permissions" at the bottom of the Action tab.

Badge +7

My current version of workflow is 3.2.3.0.

Item Permissions are "unchanged." 

I'll try to add a "Commit Pending Changes" action in the task to see if that helps.

Badge +7

After adding "Commit Pending Changes" I did not receive the "unauthorized attempt to update task" message. However, the work flow did error out. It made it to the next steps where it hits a Flexi Task and should send the submitter a task email. It created the task, but did not send the email. Then errored out.

210679_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +7

Patrick Abel‌ Have you seen this behavior before? I am at a loss as to how I can go through 3 tasks with no issue, but the 4th gets hung. The workflow hits the action as seen here: 210689_pastedImage_1.png

and the workflow records the message that a task is waiting as seen here:

210690_pastedImage_2.png

but there is no email, sent for this task, and a task is not created in the task list as seen here: 

210691_pastedImage_3.png

Badge +8

‌ – this looks like a permissions issue off hand. Is your flexi-task wrapped up within an App Step or a Action Set configured to run with elevated permissions?

Also, is the flexi-task in question assigning it's task to a SP Security Group?

Badge +7

Thanks for your response.

It's not wrapped in a AppStep or ActionSet. See screenshot. The flexi-task in question is assigning to "created by,"  but the previous ones (that work) are using SP Groups. Should I change to a group? I have also had it assigning to a user by item variable, and it appears to know who the user is as you can tell from the previous reply screenshots. Another weird part to this is when it fails, or i cancel I get a "response no longer required" email. 

210692_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +7

This has been resolved. The flexi-task in question was corrupt and I had copied it to the others in the Run if which is why none of them were working. I created a new flexi-task and the workflow continued.