URL SCHEMA - APP STUDIO

• 4 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

Hi,

We have our app running created using app studio. However, I did not create a URL schema. Now, since deep linking is available for custom apps, I am thinking of creating URL schema to open apps through deep links. My question is, if I create an URL schema now do I have to redeploy app from app studio? My guess is most probably, but my fear is, is it going to affect currently applied certificates, do I have to recreate distribution profile and certificates?

I would really love to see some type of documentation from nintex on creating distribution profiles, and certificates.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

yes, to populate the URL schema you'll have to redeploy the app.

As long as your distribution profiles and certificates are still valid the update of the app will work without any problems. Otherwise you'll have to renew the profile and/or certificates in advance.

When creating my profile I found this resource helpful:  

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +9

Thank you Enrico Knapp,

I will try redeploying the app with new URL schema created. Also, thanks for the link, i used that initially to deploy app. I first created app through app studio and deployed in 2016 but i face certificate expiration every year and the app stops working. I will have to recreate the profile and certificate every year and redeploy the app. I though auto renewing the certificate would avoid the app to stop working because of certificate error, but it did not. Is there a way for this to not happen.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Not that I know. Right now we also need to regularly update the app to implement new certificates.

you could raise this as a feature request at 6 - Nintex Mobile/App Studio: Hot (116 ideas) – Customer Feedback for Nintex  to see if they can do something about this.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +9

Thank you Enrico Knapp,

I created one user voice:

auto renew certificate – Customer Feedback for Nintex