Workflow Cancelling  after using Call Web Service

• 15 December 2015
  • 8 replies

Badge +9

I have a workflow running on my library, within the workflow I have a call web service action that supposed to capture the version number:

153885_pastedImage_0.png

xml_out is a single line text variable that stores the results.

I need xml_out to populate another column within and I am using Set Field Value action however I get the following error and my workflow fails.

153886_pastedImage_2.png

When I look at the history it shows that the action is green however the the workflow cancels right away.

153890_pastedImage_3.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 replies

Badge +11

Hi Rency,

Try replacing the ItemURL with the filename. You can use Run Now to test with the actual file name instead of the URL. Hope it resolves the issue.

What is the configuration for Set Field value?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Try adding a commit pending chances before the "Set field value"

Badge +4

Try store web service output in a multiline variable and after make a query xml on this variable to get your data. Maybe your variable "xml_out" is not data type needed, and as Fernando Hunth said, make a Commit Pending before, it's often helpfull.

Badge +9

Hi Damien

I changed the variable to multiline and the workflow did not cancel or error happy.png

The only problem is nothing is populating in my column.

The column is a multiline column however it is not saving the version number. I have added commit pending changes as well.

154269_pastedImage_1.png

154270_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +9

sorry you said to use query xml...doing that now.

Badge +9

I think I am getting closer. This is what I have in my query xml

154271_pastedImage_0.png

My set field value is

154272_pastedImage_1.png

My result on the column is

154273_pastedImage_2.png

The version should have been 0.4 but it is saving PK. Obviously I am doing something wrong. The reason why I need to get the version number is to be able to save it to a word document in the library.

Badge +11

Hi Rency,

In Query XML action, XML source will be xmloutmultiline. Select XML from the drop down and then insert reference to this variable. Your xpath would be //@version

Use Run Now and test it out.

Badge +9

Hi Kapil

This worked! Only thing is that it stores as @0.2 or @0.3 depending on the version. How can i get it store the value without the @ symbol? Otherwise this works beautifully!!!!!!

This is what stored in my column happy.png

154280_pastedImage_0.png