Not applicable

New to Nintex Community: Reminder Workflow

Jump to solution

I would like to create a Reminder Workflow to send an email at 3pm if an item remains "Checked In" to ensure documents are not forgotten about by the end-user.   I would like this Reminder to send a second reminder if needed. 

0 Kudos
18 Replies
kapilkjoshi
Apprentice

Re: New to Nintex Community: Reminder Workflow

Jump to solution

Hi Doris,

You can create Nintex Site Workflow and then schedule the same to run every day at 3pm. But i'm unclear about the condition "checked-in". It is a good thing that documents are checked-in so that others can edit them.

You might have to create an additional field in your library to indicate if the reminder has already been sent for a paritcular document to send a second reminder and so on. Use Query action to filter all documents from the library which are "checked-in"(?), then take action accordingly. Hope this helps.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Kapil Joshi,   I miss wrote the word Checked-in.   I should have written,  When someone has an item  "Checked OUT".   I need to create a reminder for them.  

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Kapil, Joshi,   I'm new to Nextex so when you wrote  "You could create a Nintex Site Workflow" pertaining to sending a notification for items remaining *CORRECTION*  "checked out".   I have the Nintex  Workflow 2010 Help .pdf and I found "Send Notification" section 1.80,  but not sure where to start with "create a Nintex Site Workflow". 

Thank you for any advise

kapilkjoshi
Apprentice

Jump to solution

You should start here: Getting Started

0 Kudos
burkslm
Novice

Jump to solution
peterbehler
Scholar

Jump to solution

If I have time I'll get a screen shot but you will be making a Site Workflow to do what you are asking. Here is some starting points.

Site Workflow Start

Query List (Select the list and filter using the Checked Out To Field is not equal to Blank)

The Item ID will be stored in a Collection Variable

Run a For Each loop for that collection variable and store (you'll need a second integer variable to store the Item ID used for the loop.)

Query List (Select the same list and filter using the Item ID in the loop variable) This will allow you to grab column values for a single item that is currently checked out.

Send notification using those values you just grabbed.

End of Loop (this will run and send a single email for each item that is checked out)

If you are wanting to send a summary of all items checked out to a single person, there will be more variables and loops and Build String Actions used to concat all the data in one message.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you!

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Peter,  Thank you!   I will try to work through the process you so kindly wrote out for me.   Once again, thank you for your time.

Doris

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Peter,  you mentioned "Query List"  can this process be placed on a document library too?   My documents reside only in a Libraries.