nintex mobile signature field

Badge +3

Hello,

What is the roadmap for Nintex mobile ?

Can we add in any way a signature (handwriting) field into forms ?

thanks in advance f or feedback.

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You can contact your territory manager. I'm sure he/she know about the product roadmaps.

Badge +3

OK.

I'm sure this info can be interesting for others too happy.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Alexandre,

I can't comment on the roadmap because I don't work for Nintex but there isn't a "free draw"/signature control available for forms available now.

If you require signatures, I'd suggest looking into the DocuSign connectors that Nintex provides.  DocuSign also has native mobile apps allowing people to sign documents and these signatures are legally enforceable.  Things that you'd want to consider if implementing this solution are:

• The user experience - people would possibly need to complete their form/task using Nintex mobile and then a couple of minutes later sign using DocuSign
  • Additional licensing

The primary advantage of using DocuSign is the enforceability of the signature.  If this wasn't needed then I'd ask the question why isn't Nintex logging/audit trail or uploading an image of the person's signature sufficient?

More information on how to integrate the two can be found here in Leslie Kitz​'s article Using the DocuSign Connector for approval workflows requiring signatures

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +3

H Chris,

Thanks a lot for this feedback.

In fact our requirement is that the person who sign the form will not be connected into the system. So I think docusign or Arcx are not an option. Am I Wrong ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Andre,

What do you mean by "connected"?  Do you mean they will not have a login to SharePoint?  If that is true then Nintex Mobile will not work because they do need to be an authenticated user.  You can still use the web browser version via Nintex Live forms (SP on-prem).

Jumping back to the signature question, if they are an unauthenticated user, something like DocuSign is even more appropriate because the people signing do not necessarily need a login to SharePoint - all you need is their email address.

It works like this:

- the form is submitted and any further workflow actions that you need executed are completed

- you make a Nintex call to DocuSign supplying all the metadata fields

- an email is sent to anyone who needs to sign

- they sign via the DocuSign portal.  NB they don't need a DocuSign account to sign the document.

- a pdf containing a signed copy of the document is sent to them and you

- you can optionally get Nintex to retrieve that signed copy and store it inside SharePoint

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +3

The person who is editing the inspection form will make it signed by his customer directly with a pen on his tablet. They can't create a login for each customer.

The DocuSign scenario you describe can be interesting and pruposed to our customer.

Docusign is necessarly online ? or can we host it and have the same behavior like you described ?

thanks again for your time Chris.

Alex

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Alexandre,

I understand your situation - the key point being the person signing is not authenticated.  In fact they are using someone else's device to sign.  Just like receiving a courier package.  The courier is the one who is logged in but the customer is the one who signs.

DocuSign is hosted in the cloud in a highly secure environment.  You can imagine what types of documents are sent for signing so security is the #1 priority.

The situation that you mention above would work with DocuSign but there will be a slight pause between the time the first form is submitted and the time the customer receives the document to sign.  They would also need access to their own email to sign i.e. they wouldn't sign on your device.  So this method would work but its flow is different to how you have described.

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +3

Hi I had a talk with Nintex, and it appears that some cool new features  will appears in Nintex mobile in April and October.

So we'll see happy.png

Badge +3

well it seems like the next version of nintex mobile will provide a signature field.

I don't know if you can print the form without any communication with the server then....

Badge +5

Yeah, I've been waiting for the "On Prem" part of that too but you are correct, in February, they released it for 365 while stating that On Prem will be rolled out within the 3 month deployment cycle. They're just a wee bit behind on that one (and I would REALLY love to have that function).

Badge +6

Hi Kirk,

We don't provide beta versions of our tools. We have a new release every month (or almost), and it is made available for everyone at the same time!

The roadmaps are always subjects to change depending of customer needs, partner requests, etc..., they are given for guidelines. We don't share it openly because we don't want you to rely on this for project plannings (cause obviously they may change!). Some amazing new features are coming in the next months but chhhhhhhhhut I can't tell you ...yet...wink.png

cheers !

Badge +6

Kirk,

If you have such issue, as a partner, you should get back to the Nintex Territory Manager  managing your region (or even better a Technical Evangelist) ! He may help you with that kind of lack of knowledge.

Cheers

Alex

Badge +2

Do you know if the signature field for Nintex Mobile is available yet? I've been trying to find information on this but haven't come across anything.

Badge +1

You mentioned about a "free draw" control already available. Where?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Fernando,

There isn't a free draw control but check out Dan Stoll​'s post hot off the press about the new signature control.