Flexi Tasks (x8) got blocked in Parallel Actions

• 27 January 2015
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi!

I am facing an issue that appears randomly but I don't know how to solve it.

I have a block of parallel actions where there are 8 Flexi Approval Tasks that run in parallel.

The Parallel Actions block should finish once the 8 Approvals are finished.

The problem is that in this case, all the Flexi Approvals were finished, but the workflow never continued.

Image 1: The next action that should have been executed was "Log in History"

WorkflowHistory_ParallelPNG.PNG

Image 2: all the actions that are under the "Approve" of each Flexi Approval Task are in green, so they have been executed.

WorkflowHistory_Parallel_02.PNG

I finish each block with a "Confirm Pending Actions".

Do anyone have idea how should I solve this incident?

Thanks in advanded!

5 replies

Badge +1

Hi Team,

I have removed the last "Commit Pending Actions" actions from each branch but some workflows are also getting stucked.

I have now added a "Pause Action" above the "Log History" but I assume the problem is that workflow do not proceed over Parallel Actions.

If anyone can help me I will be grateful.

Agustín D.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Agustin:

Como estas?

Have you ever make it work with a limited quantity of flexitasks? For example 2 FlexiTasks?

Try to find the limit of concurrent flexi tasks and reduce the parallel actions with parallel actions nested inside another parallel actions.

For example: Create 1 parallel action and inside it 2 other parallel actions and inside those 2 actions set 4 flexi tasks on each one.

Badge +11

I can't read this but under each approval for each parallel block I'd set a variable that the approval has been set. After the parallel blocks, I'd do a run if to make sure all are set to 'true', if so do what you want to do. If 'false' do what you want.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

What exact version are you on?  A few versions back there were some problems with tasks locking in parallel actions?

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +1

Hi Mike:

Nintex Version: 3.0.2.1

Hi Fernando/burkslm:

Some weeks ago I have splitted the parallel actions (from x8 I reduced it to 2 blocks of x4 parallel actions).

We are currently testing the solution.

Thank you all for your answers.