Solved

Need help with configuring a math operation

• 9 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Solution must add 2% to the rental rate for each floor above the first floor
(for example: floor 2 rate = normal rate x 1.02). This is a task given to me that can be found in the WP02 nintex for sharepoint-basic. The goal is to use a math operation to multiply *1.02 depending on which floor i'm on in the building. First floor being the original rental rate, 2nd floor being rental rate*1.02 and floor 3 rate would be *1.04.

Thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by kunalpatel 19 September 2019, 16:10

View original

5 replies

Badge +12

@KaramA 

Assuming you have:

1. Control to select floor #

2. Control to select/type rent

3. There are only 3 floors

Use calculated control and use below function:

If(floor=1,"rental rate",If(floor=2,"rental rate*1.02","rental rate*1.04))

Thank you for your response. I understood the concept of what youre explaining, however I cant seem to find these options in the workflow. It might be possible in forms however i do not have access to that. Is it possible to do this on workflow?

Thank you

Badge +12

@KaramA ....It is possible using workflow....but the question is how the user is going to enter the value? My understanding was user will select the floor plan and the rent will be calculated automatically in calculated control so that the user know what's the amount they are entering. As a best practice, I'll suggest to do this manipulation on the form rather than in the workflow.

But if you decide to go the workflow route then you can use 2 RunIf actions....Default rent will show for floor # 1.....in first RunIf...Condition will be if floor = 2 and use calculate action to calculate rent for floor # 2 and then do the same for floor # 3 in second RunIf actions.

Do you still have the solution to this exercise? I've been looking and still haven't been able to figure it out. I get stuck at the SET VARIABLE and CONVERT VALUE actions. 

You can use the formula function:

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-K2-Five/How-to-Increment-or-Decrement-values-in-a-Workflow/ta-p/126271

Then use * for multiplying:

e.g. <field> * 0.2