jamessv
Canvas Initiate

Need a pointer in the right direction... (say, a 32K ft view)

Jump to solution

Basic Ask: a point in the right direction (and thanks, for reading this through)

Background: I have been learning Nintex on my own (incl. tutorials) for the past couple of years (as and when time permits) and have created some really complicated forms with sizable amount of JS (auto logging on user IDs/dates, setting values on user actions, hiding/showing sections, "parametrically populated" dropdowns,  et.al.). After months of trying to get it together I feel it is time to check with the community on this VERY, VERY, basic thing that I am unable to wrap my mind around. Oh! I also have the only book I could find on NinTex -- written by Martijn Bleikertz.

My question: What comes first -- workflow or forms? Do I create a workflow and then create forms (or portions of it) applicable to the workflow? Or do I create the ENTIRE form and then add the workflow? I've tried both and can't seem to make headway beyond staring at the screen wondering if it would work.

PLEASE HELP!!! Not looking for any solutions of any kind, just a quick paragraph outlining the basic NinTex form to workflow connection.

FINALLY, all of you, be safe out there; we WILL make it to the other side of COVID-19, until then practice hygiene, social distancing, and sheltering at home as much as we can. God Bless.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Need a pointer in the right direction... (say, a 32K ft view)

Jump to solution
Hi,

I always create the List(s) and columns I will need first.
Once I have that I create the Form to add the metadata and then create the workflow to manipulate that data.
If I require the form to then display something else based on the changes of the data I will then go back to the form and update accordingly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jamessv
Canvas Initiate

Re: Need a pointer in the right direction... (say, a 32K ft view)

Jump to solution
Ah... pretty much what I had in mind. Yeah, I suppose I'll just have to dig deeper. Thanks.
0 Kudos