Why does \My Workflow Task\" web part only display \"Site\" for the Task Name"

Badge +9

I have a FlexiTask in a Site Workflow. The Task Name being displayed is "Site". It's not particularly helpful.

Anyone have any insight on how it got configured screwy.

thanks,

Stephan

12 replies

Badge +11

Hi Stephan,

can you please provide a screenshot of your tasks configuration screen (and maybe of the task list as well)? Afaik, this is the only place the task name is configured. If it doesn't match the name displayed in your task list, I'm completely clueless.

You don't accidently have another workflow on your tasks lists that fires on item created and renames every task to "site", do you? Maybe a prank by a colleague wink.png

Regards

Philipp

Badge +9

184520_pastedImage_0.png

184521_pastedImage_1.png

From the FlexiTask:

184522_pastedImage_2.png

Thanks for thinking about this with me.

Stephan

Badge +11

This is the default behaviour of the "My Workflow Tasks" webpart. I can't tell you why it doesn't display the actual name of the task. Maybe a simple list webpart would work for you as you can create your custom view and display the columns you require.

To imitate the my tasks behaviour you can use the "Assigned to -> [Me]" filter

Anyway, I wonder about the poor configuration possibilities of this webpart.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +9

Thanks Phillip. We may have to "Roll Our Own".

Badge +1

I'm struggling with this web part as well.  However I'm looking to remove the "current action" as a clickable link or remove it all together.  Many of my end users get confused and click that instead of the item.  Any tips or tricks other than creating my own web part?

Badge +11

You could place a script-webpart or a content editor webpart on the side and hide the column via jquery/css

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

'Site' appears in column labelled 'Item'. ie. if you were given task from list workflow you would see there (link to) item the workflow runs on. the task in your example comes from site workflow you see there just site text.

task name could be seen in 'Current action' column. however, it's not task name you configure inside flexi task dialog, but rather flexi task action's top label. so you need set up top label to something you would like to see there.

Badge +4

Hi @Marian Hatala , Andrew Glasser

I Have same question , Please now I have Flexi Task in a Site Workflow. The Task Name being displayed is "no title". It's not particularly helpful.

and if I want to show specific (column) in that list ( list have Workflow) as Task name , for example I have column ( Risk name) when I enter the data in Nintex form and saved in list then Workflow started when row created ( these row have column name (( Risk name )) , I want if I open my workflow task ( task name be as Risk name ( which I entered in the and saved ).

This is Possible or not . Your help

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

'No Title' is value of Title filed of the item the workflow is running on. so you have to fill-in the field either directly from form or within workflow to see some sensefull data.

customizing webpart with list fields is not possible (afaik)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi, ‌, have you got an answer to your question?

could the thread be closed?

Badge +4

Hi @Marian Hatala 

Please another different question :

by using calculated value in Nintex form:

How I can get how many item rows I have in that list which we have Nintex form ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

plese start new question.