I have a sharepoint library where i need to copy the documents with its metadata to FileNet. Initially the requirement was to copy the documents to Filenet based on couple of conditions, so i have developed a workflow using "call a webservice" action and it worked fine. And now the requirement has changed and i need to schedule this workflow every 6 months
Eg: If the "Employee Joining year" = 2018 then the document should be copied to FileNet in 2021 (I.e 3 years)
1. Is this achievable by library workflow or do i need to go with site workflow?
2. How do i calculate the date condition?
3. How to loop multiple documents and copy?
Solved! Go to Solution.
site workflow is more suitable for this task
see this blog how to approach the task - https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Site-Workflow-Document-Review-Date-Approaching-Remin...
Thanks for the response it really helped me alot. But i am trying to fix couple of issues in my workflow
1. The "Employee Joining year" is a choice datatype in the library and " calculate date" action in the workflow is a "DateTime" (I have created a variable of date and time to store the date) - The workflow is throwing an error as it cannot store the string value in varible which is of "date and time" type
2. I have sub-folders in the document library (which consists of files in it). Does the site workflow runs on the files in a folder?
1. I guess "Employee Joining year" contains numeric options, like 2018, 2019, 2020 ...
then you will need to use cnvert value action to make a DateTime value out of that, eg.
2. that's matter of Query list action configuration - there is a 'Recursive' checkbox, if you set it on the action returns items from all the subfolders
Yes, "Employee Joining year" contains numeric options, like 2018, 2019, 2020. I have used the covert value action and confused where exactly i should use my datetime variable that i created in the workflow
input = value, variable or expression which you want to convert to other datatype
store result in = workflow variable where converted value will be stored to