Why does K2 overwrite list infopath form with list item copy event?

• 11 November 2014
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

I'm working on our migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013. (development environment)

I've got one site collection with two lists and we use a workflow to copy the list item from one to the other. (It's a long term security thing.)

On both lists, the forms were modified to use InfoPath forms. Now the K2 workflow is NOT an InfoPath process. It's a simple SharePoint events process that fires on item added. No forms in the process.

So we've migrated the SharePoint 2010 content databases to the new SharePoint 2013 farm. Nothing has been upgraded to SharePoint 2013 mode. Same URL (DNS changed to new farm.) The web app in the new farm was converted to claims authentication because Office web apps needs it. I implemented the claims configuration in K2 and that is running without issue.

On the destination list, we had to modify the InfoPath form to use udcx files and a SSO application configuration so that the secondary data sources that were getting information from the SharePoint web services would function properly.

Here's the unexpected behavior. When the K2 workflow runs the list item copy, it brings along the template.xsn file and overwrites our changes in the destination list with the InfoPath template from the source list.

Anyone know why copying the item brings along the form template?

-Doug

1 reply

Badge +7

Hi Doug,

Sorry there has not been much activity going on to help you out with this one. InfoPath is a weird monster and I'm reaching here but...

Do you think it's possible that the URL of the last template (the template.xsn file overwriting the changes) is in the Document Template section and throwing your workflow off? I know you wrote that the forms were modified with InfoPath and the workflow isn't an InfoPath process. I'm guessing there's an association somewhere because of the modification using InfoPath that's screwing with things.

I'm looking at this: http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/current/infopath_versioning_-_using_infopath_versioning.html

And under 'Important Considerations,' there's this note which may or may not be helpful:

When reverting to a previous Workflow version, the currently deployed InfoPath form template will be used, and not the form template that was deployed with the selected Workflow version. The user will therefore have to download that Workflow version, open it in a designer, locate the form version associated with that Workflow, integrate with that form and then redeploy / publish.