NW: Document created with wrong content type

• 21 June 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have a List and a DocLib. For the list, I have a workflow that creates a document in the DocLib. The DocLib is configured with several content types.

Here´s the problem: In the "Create Item" action in the list workflow, if I select any other content type (in the DocLib) than the first one I created, the documents are always created with the content type I added first. So if ContentType1 is the first content type and I select ContentType2 in the "Create Item" action, the document is always created with ContentType1. It does not matter if I changed which content type is the default one.

Any ideas?

3 replies

Is there an update about this?

I am having a similar issue where I create the item and select a specific content type associated to a .xlsx Template file for the new document and the new item gets created as a Document *.docx, the workflow action doesn't seems to use the content type configured in the action and it just takes the default Document content type.

I even have updated the document library and deleted the default Document content type from it and yet new Items crated through the workflow action "Create Item" are created as the default-no existing Document (.docx) template file.

Badge +1

For the xlsx file extension I had the same.  You need to commit the pending change then call a web service to fix the extension (see attached example)

Badge +1

Any update on this please?   I have a site workflow to create documents in a library with multiple content types.   It works on all but 3 of them which creates the document with the default one every time and doesn't save any workflow variables.