DBasusta
Design Dabbler

My Workflow Tasks Webpart not return expected results

Hi all,

the webpart works fine and I get all of my workflow tasks across all the sites.

But only my personal tasks.

I need to see the Tasks i have because i'm part of a group too.

For example:

I am part of the AD-group "IT-Trainee". If a task is created for this group, it does not show in my nintex tasklist, but it shows in the sharepoint standard "my tasks" list.

So i need a solution that combines both advantages:

See my tasks over all websites and see my group tasks as well.

Is there a way to manage this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: My Workflow Tasks Webpart not return expected results

Hi,

If you would like to see this feature in Nintex please make your request here: https://nintex.uservoice.com/
0 Kudos
beckettj
Forms Fledgling

It's really a SharePoint problem - the task list items are assigned to you as a user, or the group you are in - and the SharePoint List view user interface isn't clever enough to let you specify "show me items where I am in the Group". The really frustrating thing? SharePoint DOES have the functionality - but you can only get to it through CAML (and it's actually in the built-in views, if you have a dig around).

The quick solution is to make sure your tasks are delivered to all users in the assigned groups - there is a tick box in the configuration of each Nintex task in the workflow design interface, just under the "Assign To" field. It does mean you end up with lots of tasks, but the workflow will take care of closing off the "not needed" tasks for you - and you can even setup the "not required" emails if needed too.

Just a side note - if you DO decide to go the CAML route, you can make the views in SharePoint using PowerShell - the CAML clause you need is:

<Membership Type="CurrentUserGroups">

<FieldRef Name="AssignedTo" LookupId="TRUE" />

</Membership>

The frustrating thing about the above functionality? You can only do it for the current user - you cannot do it for others (e.g. "show me all the tasks that are assigned to Fred Smith")

0 Kudos
DBasusta
Design Dabbler

Thank you for this detailed response.

I would like to try using your code, but i'm not sure where to put it.

If i use the nintex webpart "nintex workflow 2016 - My workflow tasks" i have no way to configure the view for that webpart I do not know how to get in the code...

Can you help me with that?

0 Kudos