Change colour of font in Message Noification in K2 Studio

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

I am using K3 Studio to send a Notification Message to Approvers. In Designer you can change the font colour of text, i've looked everywhere in K2 Studio, but there is no colour changing options of the message text.

Can anyone help?

I want to change one word in my message to white so it blends into the background of the email sent to Approvers

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

This is the Event Notificiation Message.

I want to hide the "Worklist Item Serial Number" reference item.

In Designer, it was a simple case of highlighting the text and choosing the White foreground for this piece of text, but nothing exists in K2 Studio.

I noticed that by defualt the line of text which says "The serial number for this task....."in K2 Studio in smaller than 8 font and is Grey by default, so how is that possible if it won't allow me to change it to any other colour?

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Tried to add some HTML code to the notification (to turn the Worklist Item Serial Number red), but that didn't work:

15624iEE96A0A4F66AC434.jpg

Badge +5

Hi Sharpharp1,

I would suggest you take a look at the following url on how to modify the Notification Mail Template.

Note: Do a backup of all your files before making any changes to the default files.

Kind Regards

Julia

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi all,

Managed to achieve this with a nifty trick;-)

The reason I wanted to achieve this was to hide the Serial Number from the Approver. As far as I am concerned, the serial number only confuses the Approver. The approver simply needs a message about the request and to Reply with Approve / Decline. Obviously the Serial number needs to be in the email reply, so my devious plan was to make the Critter invisible....

This is so easily done in K2 Designer, but typically I have to do this in K2 Studio which does not have any such Colour features (not sure why) when customizing the Event Message Notification to Approvers.

Ok, the solution is this. Open up Microsoft Word, press the spacebar a few times, then highlight the area (i.e. the spacebar area you just created) and change the font colour in Microsoft Word to "White". Then Copy the block and paste it into your K2 Studio notification message. Next add the Worklist Item Serial Serial Number, followed by another paste of the MS text.

Click on Finish, deploy the workflow and your eyes will pop out when it works (well mine did anyway). So no messing with HTML templates etc, just a simply workaround until such time K2 add colour to K2 Studio message notifications.

Just wanted to leave some feedback on here to help any others who as picky as me :-)