Run If Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type.

• 30 June 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I am having an issue with a workflow. It fails on a run if which is just checking to see if a value equals no. It then sends an email which then I am getting the error Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type. I am not sure what causes this or how to fix it. I also know I can do the same thing on a different sharepoint list and it works fine. Any help is appreciated. thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Matthew,

See if this link will help you: Error "Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested"

Badge +9

Hi Matthew Brooks,

May i know the data type of the column. Choice or Yes/No (check box). Can you check with set a condition action.

Have you recently changed the data type of this column or values in it. If it is so try to delete and re-create same action and test it.

Thanks,

Badge +2

Hey ‌,

The data type of the column is a Yes/No check box. I haven't changed the data type of the column. I still tried removing the column and re-adding it, but I am getting the same error. I swapped the run if with the set a condition action and also got the same error.

Thanks

Badge +2

Hey Eric Rhodes‌,

What would cause a field or variable to be set with a invalid value? How would I go about making sure the action is not setting a field or variable with a invalid value?

thanks

Badge +16

Can you screenshot your list settings - will see if I can replicate.

Also - as an aside.  you do not need the End Workflow action you have in your screenshot.

Also - if your workflow is only sending an email when a condition is met why don't you try removing the run if, leaving only the email and using the condition on your start options:

Badge +2

Removing the run if and using the condition on the start options seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you so much!