Auto Populate Managers Field on Nintex Form

• 25 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello, I'm new to Nintex and currently using SharePoint 2013.  This is what I'm trying to do: when a user submits a form, the manager of that user is auto-populated based off another list I have created called Managers.  I'm not going off the managers from Active Directory because of the inaccuracy of it. As you see in the form below, once the user clicks save, based on the list below under TeamMembers, the manger of the submitter will Auto-Populate into the "YourManager" field on the form.  For example, if Monkey Luffy filled out the form and hit save, then Vincent Valentine should auto-populate into the "YourManager" field.  Is there any way this can be done?  

8771iF8E25DB754F6A86A.png

8772iAA46F41005A67BBE.png

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

It would be easier if each team member had their own row rather than all grouped together.
Then you could just say "lookup the list Team Member column, filter on current user and return the manager.
At present all the team members are all together so you would have to use "contains" filtering which can get messy and be hit and miss.
Badge +2

Hey Simon, thanks for replying.  I went ahead and put each team member there own row as you can see below.  For the list lookup, I set TeamLeader as a Single Line of Text and had it call from there.  What I'm confused about is how you set up the filter on the initiator or Current User and how you return the manager from the drop down list?  Is there a guide on how to do that?

8797i5451C4DE39F84B30.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

In your lookup list use the users account rather than their name.
e.g : i:0#.w|DomainHarveyC

Add a Calculated value control to the list and use a lookup() runtime function to retreive the manager based on the current user.
e.g : lookup("ManagerList","Person",CurrentUser,"TeamLeader")