Move a document from the root folder to a subfolder in the same Document Library

• 5 September 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am needing to move a document from the root folder in the Document library to a subfolder in order to enforce visibility to the documents in that subfolder to specific department users. 

Business case is we are creating a Contract Data Repository, but users should only see the documents loaded from their respective departments, so I've created subfolders for each of those department groups, which I will assign permissions to in order to control visibility.

Would like some step-by-step instructions on how this can be accomplished using Nintex Workflow 2013

1 reply

Badge

Hi,

you can use the copy item webservice call.

So insert the "call web service" action and in the url filed enter "<site collection url>/_vti_bin/lists.asmx".

Then insert the credentials of an admin user. 

Select the Method "CopyIntoItemsLocal". Then you can modify the soap xml and insert the url of the current document in the source. In the destination you can just add the same url, but with the folder in the url.

Source URL: "<site collection url>/libraryname/documentname.pdf"

Destination URL: "<site collection url>/libraryname/foldername/documentname.pdf"

After that you can delete the current document by using the delete item action.

Hope this helps...