Multiple line of text - regular expression

Badge +2

I have a “multiple line of text” column in a SharePoint list and would like to grab its information and save it into a word file which already exists in a document library in SharePoint (this part is already taken care of). I used the following steps to modify the text.

• Using “Set Variable”:

17847i1C14787AFAF6E996.png

• sing “Regular Expression” in order to add a line before the word “ITEM” in the text

17846i1EEE366CB2A5D74D.png

• The input column and the output are shown below:

Input:

Item 1- WO#7127709: Slopes & benches along the road. This is a test.

WO#7133456- CLEAN OUT SED/VEG FROM NORTHERN MOST DITCH THAT RUNS ALONG LEACHATE AND SOUTH ES/SWM PONDS.

ITEM 4-WO#8125888- This is the second Test.

Output

​Item 1- WO#7127709: Slopes & benches along the road. This is a test.

WO#7133456- CLEAN OUT SED/VEG FROM NORTHERN MOST DITCH THAT RUNS ALONG LEACHATE AND SOUTH ES/SWM PONDS.

ITEM 4-WO#8125888- This is the second Test.

I want to have the exact text as input in my output without additional characters such as : or & 

Any help is deeply appreciated. 

3 replies

Badge +12

@pouyanebrahimi is there a reason you use plain text in set variable? Have you tried to use as it? Plain text will convert your HTML code.

Badge +2

@kunalpatel if I dont use the plain text, it will have more special characters! Do you have any suggestion?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@pouyanebrahimi how are you checking the output?

I created a list with a Multiple Lines of Text field, set the Plain Text and then created another field called Multi Output, also Multiple Lines of Text set to Plain Text.

I did the Regular Expression, then used the Log to History List and it looked fine.  I then used a Set Field Value to set the variable to the Multi Ouitput and that looked fine too.

Just wondering if I'm doing something different to you with the result of the Regular Expression.

cheers,

Vadim