Conditionally Hide A List View Column

Badge +2

Is there any way to hide columns in a list view based on if the data loaded in is null for that column?  I need to do this at initalization, to hide columns that have null data but show columns that have valid data. 

I can't seem to find a good rule to would allow me to do this and conditionally styling doesn't let me hide the column

3 replies

Badge +7

Hello

I know that one can validate the data that is added into a specified coloumn, you can try to add a rule that looks something like this:

>When the view excuted initialize

>if an advance condition is true 

>then hide column1 control

In the advance condition statement you can specify if the column named(Name) is empty, it will then move on to the next rule which is to hide the column. 

But now this only validates one column nd the entries made in that column only. You can play around with similiar rules and see if you wont be able to achieve what you want to do.

I hope this will help!

Kind regards

Nelly

Badge +7

Hello

Just wanted to find out if the information provided was able to assist you, and if you have any other question that you would like us to assist you with?

Regards

Nelly

Badge +2

Yes, after playing around with this some more on my own, those steps are basiclly what i figured i would have to do and was able to accomplish what i needed.  Thanks!!