Send Notification Task Email address Issue.

• 12 August 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi Team,

I am using Nintex workflow, In Send Notificaiton Action when I want add email it ask me a valid user from Active Directory. I wan to send email to Distribution list or email address which is not having any active directory user.  I also tried to use external email but its also not working. Can you please help me on how to do this in Nintex.

When I put the email address which is not having AD account my workflow through below error.

Failed to send notification. Value cannot be null. Parameter name: principal

6 replies

Badge +16

Can you create a variable with a default value of the external email address you want

EmailVariable.PNG

and configure the send notification to send that variable using the address book and "lookup" to find the variable.

Sendnotification.PNG

Badge +1

I tried this but it throws the same exception.

189448_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +16

I'm assuming your variable is called "principal"?

have you checked with the farm admins that you are allowed to send emails external to your organisation?

Badge +1

I am Farm Administrator and I am allowed to send emails external to my organization. But I am not sending email to outside of my organization. Please see the below screenshot of my variable which I created. Value of my variable is internal email id and the only thing is that email is not associated with any AD account and that's why I am getting this exception.

189458_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +16

Hmm that is a wonder. I will have a look on Monday when I get back to my machine if you don't get an answer before then.

have a nice weekend

Badge +1

Thanks. Have a nice weekend!!!