Conditional Startup Options Being Ignored

• 24 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

All,

I've a conditional start on a workflow which is being ignored.

The original workflow was exported from another library and imported successfully. The above condition was working in the old library as expected.

The workflow runs manually.

I've re-written the workflow from scratch and it still fails.

The original column  was an InfoPath published field. This I've unpublished and republished. I've tried pointing the modified field to another SharePoint column (calculated) and it still fails to run.

There is a workflow before the above one and I add a log to history action to make sure that the workflow was 'seeing' the column. It came back as expected.

I've looked for spaces at the end and beginning of the value, spellings are correct etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

5 replies

Badge +8

Hi ‌,

You can try using 'SharePoint Manager' on the SharePoint server to investigate if there are any strange event recievers.

Cheers,

Rick

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Got the tool, not sure what I'm looking for.

Badge +8

First: Be careful with this tool.

Second: Does this article help you?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks,

I deleted the Nintex event receivers still no joy.

It is just the conditional option. If I let my workflow run on modified = yes, the workflow runs OK. Yet I need to have the conditional start.

I think I might have to see if I can use a second list and do a loop of some description.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Well to cut along story short my only option was to create another site under a different web app, then manully rewrite each workflow to get this working.

Something seriously up with that particular web app.