Hide a panel that holds two panels inside

• 25 August 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hello, 

I am very new to Nintex forms and I have a task to create form that will have three checkboxes. In which when one is selected it will display panel1, when the second one is selected it will display panel2, and finally when the third one is checked is will display both panel1 and panel2. 

I have the rules setup for both panels 1 and 2, i;m just not sure how to go about adding a rule to panel 3 to show/hide it.

I was even wondering if i can have a rule setup to where if checkbox3 is selected to select checkboxes 1 and 2 which will show both panels 1 and 2. But that's just me thinking since i don't know what would be the best approach. 

Any ideas? 

Let me know if this needs clarification.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Jesse,

could you provide a screenshot of your rules and your form? That might help make your scenario clear.

If you have 3 checkbox controls ("checkbox1", "checkbox3", "checkbox3") and 2 Panels ("panel1", "panel2") then I would do 1 formatting rule with "hide" option enabled for each panel

panel1: and(not(checkbox1),not(checkbox3))

panel2: and(not(checkbox2),not(checkbox3))

This will make panel 1 hidden if checkbox 1 and checkbox 3 aren't selected and panel 2 if checkbox 2 and checkbox 3 aren't selected. This both will become visible if checkbox 3 is selected.

207039_pastedImage_14.png

207040_pastedImage_15.png

207041_pastedImage_16.png

Is this what you're trying to achieve?

Best regards,

Enrico

Badge +3

Hi Enrico, 

Thank you for your response. I've attached a screenshot of the form. The rules i had were" cbRequestType1==0" (which is the first check box "Add") on the first panel. So when the user launches the form, neither of the panels are visible. Once they click on the check boxes it shows a panel. I tried adding the rule you provided and i wasn't able to get it to even preview. I'm I missing something? Nintex Form_Rule

Badge +3

Hi Enrico, 

When i added the "and(not(checkbox1),not(checkbox3))" to the rules for the panel it didn't do anything. I added the condition which is and(not(checkbox1==0),not(checkbox3==0)) and it will hide them but no in the order you have them placed here. I'm not sure if it was a typo or not on your screenshot.

Any other suggestions i can try?

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Jesse,

you shouldn't need to check "==0" because checkboxes validate to true or false so you just can plate their names in the formula to validate them.

I formatted my first response in a bad way. To make it more clear: this formula for panel 1 should work fine, at least it did in my example:

and(not(checkbox1),not(checkbox3))

And this formula should work for panel 2

and(not(checkbox2),not(checkbox3))

So you don't need "panel 1: " in your formulas ok?

Can you try it again with these formulas?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +3

Erico, 

Sorry for the late response. Thank you so much for your help! this works flawlessly.