Getting list id for use in Sharepoint User management

• 26 October 2007
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I want to change the security on an item in a form library. After completeing the InfoPath/Moss tutorial I check the permissions on the form item created by the workflow. It looks like everyone has access to the item. I want to use the Sharepoint User management activity to change the security to only allow destination uses access to the form.

One of the screens in the wizard is asking for a list item id. Is that stored somewhere in  the process or do I need to retrieve it somehow?

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +9

Within the "SharePoint List Items" wizard, there is the "Create List Item" dialog.  On this page there is a field called "List Item ID"  which I believe can be mapped to a process data field, thus the process data field would then hold the new ID after it is created.  Additionally, right below it is a check box "Add item to this Content Field".  If you check this, then click "Create" next to the content field text box, K2 will create an XML field that holds all the elements of the list item, one item of which shoudl be the ID.

HTH.

Badge +3

Thanks for the quick response

If I'm doing InfoPath Integeration, can I get the id of the list item that is created?  So for example in the InfoPath integration tutorial, can I change the permissions of the item after it is created.

Badge +9

Sorry, I misunderstood the original question.  

I don't believe the list item ID from the creation of the InfoPath form is available.  If someone else knows otherwise, please jump in.