Import List Workflow As A Site Workflow

• 24 February 2015
  • 10 replies

Badge +11

I am sure this is a dumb question, but I am going to ask it anyway. I have a workflow on a list. I would like to export that workflow and somehow import it as a site workflow as well. Basically the site workflow will work pretty much exactly the same way. I just don't feel like creating everything all over again. Can I do that?

10 replies

Badge +9

Edit the List workflow and move all needed actions into a new action set. Then open the action set menu and save it as code snippet. Then create the site workflow and add the code snippet.

KInd regards

Manfred

Badge +11

Cool!!!! I'm so glad this is possible!!!!!! Thanks Manfred!

Badge +11

I'm going to try this and come back.

Badge +2

Hey Manfred,

I tried your suggestion, but I was not able to save it as code snippet. Can you please give more detail steps.

Badge +9

Move all needed actions in an action set and then save that action set as code snippet und give it a name: 212900_pastedImage_1.png

The named code snippet can be inserted in an new workflow:

212903_pastedImage_4.png

Badge

Thank Manfred Lauer for replying the question almost 3 years after the question was first time asked. I got the benefits from the reply on Jan 23, 2018 7:30 AM.    Great appreciated!!!      it saved my huge time.

Badge +3

can you save Actions menu set as Code Snippet on O365 Nintex workflow?

Badge +9

Hi Maulee Vadi‌, did you find an answer to your question for O365? we are trying to do the same!~

Badge

Thank you very much really helpful

Badge

Hi All,

did any one find an answer to import a list workflow into site workflow category for O365?

we are trying to do the same to avoid recreation of same workflow multiple times.