Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using

Badge +5

Hello,

I've tried to add options to dropdown list with choice controller in nintex form using jquery, but when I tried to submit the form I've got this exception:

Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

I understand what the problem is, but I couldn't find how to solve this, I mean how to disable Event validation, or how to register the new added options in the dropdown.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

15 replies

Badge +5

I tried to do it with list lookup, but the problem was that the values added by jquery was lost when I submitted the form, any ideas??

Badge +9

Omar Taha
Remove the white spaces for all the drop down lists within Nintex form. I had exactly same issue and found that Drop down fields has white spaces. I removed all drop down lists within Nintex form and it worked. 

Try if it works ..

Badge +5

In my case, I was manipulating list lookup controller options using javascript, and that was making my problem. I figured this after one week of searching for my problem confused.png 

Thanks ‌ for your reply. happy.png

Badge

Hello,

i have the same issue, did you find a solution?

Thanks

Badge +9

Amine Charraqua‌ 

At times there could a couple a white spaces in Drop Down spaces in your unbound fields within the form.
Remove the white spaces for all the drop down lists within Nintex form and it should work. 

Badge +2

Could you please elaborate your suggestion, removing white spaces in where? 

Badge +2

Hi All, 

I found the same issue.. I am dynamically preparing the dropdown values and while appending the final text to the dropdown there was a space. After removing the space i did not observe any error.

Badge +2

I second ‌'s comment: what white space are you talking about? From the option text? That would make my options hard for the user to read. Please elaborate.

Badge +7

Was this ever solved?

I'm having the exact same issue, but I'm not sure what it's meant by 'remove the white space'.

Where do I remove the space?

Badge +2

I am facing the same issue, is anyone here to resolve this issue?

Badge +7

I was able to work through my issue, although it's not ideal. I plan to post my solution in detail, but I did give a basic explanation of how I accomplished it on this post.

Badge +2

I am using drop-down filled by lookup values, still not working as that drop down is unbound field. Also I removed white spaces through JS. But still not working

Badge +1

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I am using a dropdown choice field. I am appending values to the existing choices through jquery. But when I am selecting anything from additional choices added through jquery, my form throws an error. It works fine with values added through the list.

This is the error I am getting:

Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

Have you found a solution yet?

Badge +7

Is there any way you can add all possible options through the list and then remove what you don't need?

Badge +1
We could and if the value is in the list choice column, it allows to choose that from the form. But the problem is that is not helpful as the whole purpose of getting the values from the web service through jquery is to avoid storing it locally.
But I found a solution by using the web service control in the form. Using that, I can simply get the values from web service control and then use that in the form instead of writing jquery and storing it in a choice column.