\Something went wrong\" if I Manage Workflows"

Badge +1

Hi All, maybe someone already asked this question. When I go to "Manage Workflows with Nintex Workflow" I get the annoying message "Something went wrong" and its correlation ID. But I was able to create and save a workflow with only one block -Commit Changes-. All site Nintex-related features have been activated. Any ideas? Thank you

5 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

Please add the ULS Logs that are logged at the time of the problem.

Badge +1

Hi,

This is what the server admin could grab, seems there is a DB outage - server error:

Error establishing database connection. SQL Error: 121.: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The semaphore timeout period has expired   
 at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)   
 at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)   
 at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)   
 at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)   
 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)   
 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)   
 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()   
 at Nintex.Workflow.Administration.Database.OpenConnectionInternal(String connectionString)   
 at Nintex.Workflow.Administration.ContentDatabase.OpenConnection()   
 at Nintex.Workflow.Administration.Database.ExecuteReader(SqlCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)  ClientConnectionId:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 (Build:32210)

Badge +5

Can you please ask your admin to have a look at the article: Error "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server" - Nintex Kno… 

Badge +3

HI Clavin Fernandes,

The Link is not working. can you please share the correct one .

Badge +5

Hi, The link was working and now is broken, My colleague Thomas has written an article on a similar topic Nintex Workflow 2010 issue: Error establishing database connection. SQL Error: 515 VALUE NULL