Nintex workflow 'wait for item update' will not update when starting the workflow manually. Is this a problem? Or is there an activation for this to occur?

• 28 September 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

I am using Nintex 2013 workflow.  I've created a workflow using 'wait for item update' (a field to be filled in by a user/requester and saved) before the next step(s) of the workflow.  After changing stuff and finally switching the workflow setting to have the workflow to 'start when items are created' set to 'yes' - it worked.

Why?   The next question is will the next 'wait for item update' work after the next item is filled in?  Or does the other box in workflow setting - 'Start when items are modified'  need to be set to 'yes' or will the workflow continue on with it set to 'no'?

2 replies

Badge +4

hello Pam,

i personally don't know why this is happening... but maybe a Commit pending changes action right after wait for item update action would help. I haven't used it in this combination though.

Adriana

Badge +16

Are you trying to use wait for item update as a starting condition? Can you share your workflow please?