SharePoint List Items

• 12 November 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have created a standard "calendar list" in SharePoint.

I have created a simple workflow with 2 "data fields": startdate and enddate. The data type for this fields is "Date".

In my workflow, i have added a "SharePoint List Items" and configured this Event to add new item in my calendar list. I have mapped startdate to the "Start Time" SharePoint field and enddate to the "End Time" SharePoint field. I think the problem is here, the type of these fields is DateTime and the type of my data fields is Date.

When the activity is running, i have this error: "Server was unable to process request. --> Error setting meta data fields - Fields does not match. --> String was not recognized as a valid Date Time".
startdate has "21/12/2008 00:00:00" value and enddate has "06/12/2008 00:00:00".

Please, help me.

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +6

Hello Jerome,

Maybe it's a date format issue.

What is the regional settings of your Sharepoint server and of your Windows Server where Sharepoint is hosting?

Can you try using date with day before the 12th, for example 2nd January, 5th June etc...

Badge +6

sorry, I forgot :

Also, what are the regional settings of the K2 blackpearl Server ?

Badge +1

Thanks jan.

Regional settings of my Sharepoint server: English (United States) in Site Actions, Site Settings, Regional settings in Site Administration.

Regional settings of my Windows Server where Sharepoint is hosting: French(France) in Start, Control Panel, Regional and language Options.

Regional settings of the K2 blackpearl Server: Idon't know how to get this parameter in K2.

Details: SharePoint and K2 are installed on the same server.

Yes, i can try using date with day before the 12th. I will give you result later because i have modified my workflow and using String instead of Date.

Jerome

Badge +6

Hi Jerome,

For the regional settings of the K2 blackpearl server, I mean, the regional settings of the windows server where K2 blackpearl is installed.

If they are in French... can you try putting them in english and retry your creation of the list item?