Send notification not working

• 8 December 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +9

I have a Send notification action as a part of the Flexi task process but it is not sending any emails. The email was initially going to Created By in To field and one or two users in the CC field. Since one of those users can be empty I removed them completely leaving only the Created By in the To field. Still not working. Any idea why this notification is not generated? All Flexi task emails work and I also added the Send notification in a different part of the workflow and it also works.

nintex-email.png

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Weird. Please try the following. Add another flexi , just to test, and add a notification there. Does it work?

In the case it works, create your Flexi again from scratch

Badge +9

So I believe I narrowed it down to the Pause action. I added some notifications and only the one before the Pause worked. Then I removed the Pause and all of the notifications worked... Any idea what is going on?

Badge +7

Probably due to SharePoint Timer Job : in fact problemshould be the same using SharePoint Designer instead of NINTEX !

For what I understand, when using the "Pause" action, the workflow continues with different account/permission.

That means :

- the workflow starts with an account (current user) allowed to send emal

- it goes trough the SharePoint Timer Job during the pause

- After this, the rest of the WOrkflow is executed with timer job user credentials, instead of initiator

Worth checking Timer Job account permissions....

See  http://www.lxway.cc/201511/sharepoint-designer-workflow-email-after-pause-until/  : similar problem without Nintex

Badge +9

SP Timer Service runs under the farm account. Where do I check if that account has permissions to send emails?
Thanks!

Badge +7

First, verifiy that this farm account is a member of the local Administrators group on the server.

Then you an use some test script on the server, such as : Intercepting SharePoint Email and Testing Outgoing E-Mail Settings | The Chris Kent

Be sure to use "[Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility]::SendEmail" to be sure your action is executed by SharePoint.

Badge +9

I wasn't able to figure it out in my dev environment but it seems to be working in production. I will keep looking into it. Thanks for your help!