How can I use Store Data and Retrieve Data ?

• 5 February 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hello,

My situation

I have two workflow. My first workflow (the main/parent if you prefered) start my second workflow (the child).

In my second workflow, we can tell that I create a text variable like : varDataChild = "Hello world {ID}" => It's only for exemple but its more complicated than that.

What I want

I want to get varDataChild (provide from my second workflow) into my first workflow (parent/main).

To do this, two steps :

- I add a "Store Data" action in my second workflow

- I add a "Retrieve Data" action in my first workflow

Problem

I'd tried different things to understand how these actions work but I don't really see how can I configure this and if they needs special set up (for the variable for example ...)

If someone can help with a basic example, it will be really helpfull =) For example, just retrieve text data (set up in my child/second workflow) in my first workflow

Thanks

Theo

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi Theo,

This Re: Cannot Figure out how to share Data between Workflows may help.

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +6

Hi Christophe,

I already see that post, the variable DataChild that I want to retrieve into my main workflow is set up ("show on start form").

I have a start workflow in my main wf who launch is child and below you can see the store data action set up in my child workflow. Can you tell me if the configuration is ok or not ? And can you describe the differents paramaters in retrieve data ?

store-data-child.PNG

Badge +9

It should work.

Read carefully the full discussion and make sure you did not miss something.

Badge +6

Hi, I check again this post and indeed I've miss some step =) Thanks for your help !