Succeeding Rule not working for datetime

• 4 February 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I used a succeeding rule such as when TODAY date which is through functional control of environment variable is greater or equal to a date which i have the activity should move to next activity but when the condition is true its completeing the activity and coming as green but its not proceeding to another acrtivity and status is given as completed where as it should have waited till the condition is met.

Today>=Effective date(date which i give)

and same thing is happening when Equal to condition is checked it satisfies but never proceeds

Can you please help

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

I havent checked the exact scenario , but the TODAY function is DateTime , and u r probably comparing it with a date or another type prolly string ,

try converting both of values  using ToDate function from conversion pane and then comparing them ?

Hope this helps!

Best Regards.

Badge +1

K thanks but bothfields are datetime. I will try converting. My main problem is the activity going to complete status where it should have been waiting status. The activity is in the succeeding rule one but still the workflow goes to completed status where it should have been in activeone

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear , 

Ur process status goes to "Completed" when the path cant be found , which means when ur succeeding rule doesnt satisfy the path , and there is no other path to go , then it goes to completed ,

please make sure the date u compare with "TODAY" function is DateTime type , because i have tried simple scenario using calendar to send a date to workflow process and compare it with "TODAY" function , and it worked , so i didnt find the need for my first suggestion , no need for the conversion , just make sure u have the rule on the right place in the right formula ,

and if it didnt work , provide me with more details i try to help .

Hope it helps u with the solution ,

Best regards.