Any Suggestions: pointer-events:none; on button

Badge +7

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble getting this CSS to work on my form in IE11. It works fine in Chrome but our corporate standard is IE (yay).

I'm using this CSS:

.NoPointer {
pointer-events:none;
}

I'm using it on the icon (image) and text label sitting above my button. I want the whole area to be clickable, but currently the text and image are interfering with that. Any ideas why this wouldn't be working in IE11 when it is supposedly supported?

http://caniuse.com/#feat=pointer-events  

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi Dave,

I tested this out in my SharePoint 2013 environment, using IE11 and got the same result. I then checked out my DOM settings in Developer Tools and saw that it was set to a default of IE10. Once I changed the value to IE11, the CSS worked as expected:

201234_pastedImage_2.png

201233_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +7

Thanks for checking Sean.

I was wondering if that was the issue. In my DevTools, which I had checked, I can only select between 10 and Edge, and neither works (lol). I will have to investigate why they have disabled 11, perhaps as part of our group policy here.

thanks again.

Badge +7

I got it working by modifying the master page to force the document mode to = Edge. 

thanks! 

Badge +9

Hi Dave,

Awesome!!! Glad it's working and can't wait to see the other CSS3 features you put in Nintex Forms!