How to copy file from SharePoint to network drive or file share

• 7 October 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hello,

In Nintex Workflow 2013 for on-premises, how exactly can you automate the copying of files from a source SharePoint 2013 document library to a destination network drive or file share? Or, is this a limitation of Nintex Workflow as of October 2016?

PowerShell option:

I saw a post for doing a windows scheduler PowerShell command, but that's outside of Nintex. Link: powershell - Schedule the copy of a document to a network location - SharePoint Stack Exchange  

Nintex WF had an action for it:

I see that in 2014 at least, Nintex Workflow used to have an action dedicated to this called "Copy to file share", but it doesn't appear to exist as of 2016. Link:  Copy to file share ; Another link: Failed to copy item to a file share. Error Code: (67) The network name cannot be found.  

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

5 replies

Badge +11

Allan Nevala

This option is still available in Nintex workflow 2013 but only when you are creating the workflow on the document library, as suggested by the link you have referenced in your post.

"This workflow action downloads a copy of the current item to a specified location. This action is only available when designing the workflow on a library."

If you are unable to see this action, please check the allowed action list and see if this has been checked.

Badge +4

Thank you Kapil, this is very helpful! I will try this and let you know how it goes.

Badge +4

Everything appears to be working wonderfully now. Thank you for your help!! 

Badge +10

Is there any way using a web service? Our customer does not have the copy to file share config element....

Badge +9

Kapil Joshi,

It does not copy folder however. Is there a way to copy file and folder and maintain folder structure with metadata?