SmartForm Client Event field mapping issue

• 18 March 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +9

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with the SmartForm ClientEvent in the DefaultActivity on Visual Studio 2010. In the SmartForm wizards, I have to transfer data bewtween Workflow and SmartForm through data-field. I tried to delete some of the fields and save it. Did not work as expected. Then, I thought of mapping the fields fresh. So deleted the Smartform Client Event in the activity in workflow and rebuild the project. Added a new SmartForm ClientEvent, run the wizards on the same smartform and in the transfer workflow data to form, I could see fields mapping already from the previous one, which I do not want and is the whole purpose of redoing it. I do not understand where these mapping fields are comming from? Do I need to clear some other values in the form. Please need your suggestion. Thank you.

11534i09217E9A2F81A321.jpg

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

It is not the best practice to keep your data inside the process storing values in process datafields, by many reasons. If you don;t have a storage for the data as a database, SP list or whatever, you may create a simple smartbox for this.  In this case you don;t need to handle numerous fields in the process, you just need to keep one field - ItemID. When you start your process and save the data on the form for the first time (Create method) you will get the outcoming property ID of the created item and pass it to your process on 'Start a workflow' rule to ItemID process datafield (you may actually name it as you want :) ).

On client form events, does not matter smartforms or just client, you send this value back to the form using a parameter. On form's initializing rule you need to add just a few rules:

if parameter has a value

then execute view method/execute smartoblect method Load/Read and pass the parameter value as an input property. 

Badge +9

I'm having a kind of similar issue. When I first integrated my workflow with a SmartForm I created an item reference for the form data and gave it some quick name just to move on, then later I decided to change the name but the original item reference name is still around.  I can't seem to get rid of it.