How to run many workflow in one custom list on sharepoint ?

• 21 April 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I wan to ask a question, I am using SharePoint 2013. How to run many workflow in one custom list ?

Thanks for any help that you may be able to provide.

Partadiyasa

4 replies

Badge +7

How will you be creating your workflows? Nintex, SharePoint Designer or Visual Studio?

Jan

Badge +1

Hi Jan,

I am using nintex workflow.

Partadiyasa

Badge +7

You'll need to enable the Nintex workflow features at site collection and site level then you'll be able to see Nintex workflow in the list ribbon under the Workflow Settings option.

183019_pastedImage_0.png

If you're running multiple workflows you'll need to be careful of how they start otherwise you may find they all try to run at the same time. You can control this by using conditional starts.

Jan

Badge +7

Hi,

I agree with Jan Eyres​. You have to be careful on how you execute them.

You can create multiple workflows per list/library which trigger on new item create or modified or manual execution. On the manual execution you can even have the option to add the workflow as a choice to the dropdown of every item.

Here is one of my SharePoint list with 8 workflows running on it. Some will execute as soon as a new item is created and the rest are manual workflows.

183071_pastedImage_1.png

The workflow was different depending on many different scenarios and I suggested that the administrator have the choice.  The only way to make this work was to create separate workflows and the administrator could then start the one he needed to start.  Below you can see the drop list of the item in the custom list.

183070_pastedImage_0.png

You can setup the menu workflows like shown below.

183076_pastedImage_2.png

Or use the start when items are created or start when items are modified.

Let me know if you need more information on this.