Document Generation - Can't add Multiple Choice fields

• 31 July 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hi there,

I'm using nintex cloud. I've created a start even form with variables, Then created a "generate document".

problem is I'm able to add all fields into a template using the document tagger except "Choice - Multiple" I can add everything else even "Choice - Single". Is there a way to populate the "Choice - Multiple" into a word template?

Thank you,

Will 

6 replies

Badge +11

Hi Will Holani

NWC saves the muti-choice field as a collection variable. You may have to iterate through this collection and save the values in Text format. See this for reference: Saving Multi-choice fields to SharePoint Lists 

Hope it helps.

Badge +4

Hi Will,

You're right. For now, the Multi-choice field values are not included in the Document Tagger. The values in that form control are stored in a collection variable, so what i usually do is Run Parallel paths (as many as possible choices), retrieve the individual values in the collection and store them in text variables (see screenshot below for a control of 3 possible choices). There are a couple of things you need to consider in this workaround:

- First, this solution is static, you need to create in advance as many text variables as choices you provide. You can't create variables dynamically in NWC.

- The number of values the end user is submitting because that will be the size of your collection variable. This is important, as you would get an error if you try to get, for example, the third item in the collection when there's only two items.

Hope it helps!

Badge +3

Hi Kapil,

Thank you for this unfortunately I'm not using SharePoint. So I can't utilize SharePoint Lists.   

Badge +3

Gonzalo Marcos‌,

Thank you for this. I did as you suggested and it's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Badge +1

I was wondering if you could provide more detail as to how you have configured the actions/variables?

I have tried to follow your work flow suggestion but I don't think I have the variables set up correctly.

Badge +1

Hi,

I was facing the same issue. After checking the workarounds what I did was, handle the variable in the form itself. So when users select multi choice values, I set a multiline text field in the form that is non editable. Then I could refer this multi line text in my document tagger as it comes with value separated by a comma. In this way I could add as many choice values.

Hope this helps.

Thanks